Considering TOMMBA is 100% volunteer driven, 2021 proved to be a very productive year. Here is a look back at most of the accomplishments made. You and your support make all of this possible!
- TOMMBA hosted its First All Women’s MTB Clinic. Definitely doing more of these in the future!
- Harbor Springs Trails - met with property owners: DNR, Boyne Highlands, Harbor Springs Public Schools, Little Traverse Conservancy to recognize and preserve this mostly unsanctioned trail system. TOMMBA’s goal is to make this an officially recognized trail system and to protect it for future riders. https://www.tommba.org/news/10391301
- TOMMBA collaborated with Beards Brewery to develop a new brew. The brewmasters came up with Crank ‘N Chain Beer, a refreshing, ruby red grapefruit-infused kolsch perfect for post-ride refreshment. Released in early August, 10 barrels sold out in just a few weeks’ time all in support of new trails!
- Brown’s Creek Pathway trail Improvements - In addition to the new kiosk and trailhead, TOMMBA trailbuilders also used the excavator to improve trail flow and drainage on many sections. Also, added additional signage to enhance the user experience.
- Pedal, Pig, & Pint Ride - A unique ride event co-sponsored by and to support Raven Hill and TOMMBA: https://tommba.org/news/10741054 - Look for it again in 2022!
- Aspen Park Ride. Gaylord area mountain bikers helped organize a ride at the Aspen Park trails then met with TOMMBA board members to discuss future trail improvements in the area: https://tommba.org/news/11140292
- North Country Trail Reroute - TOMMBA trail builders completed a reroute of a badly eroded section of the North Country Trail, Harbor Springs Chapter, section 2. Utilizing TOMMBA’s excavator, our volunteers built an approximately ¼ mile, mostly bench-cut, sustainable bypass.
- NCMC Jersey Design - TOMMBA is working with North Central Michigan College’s students to design a TOMMBA Bike Jersey! Coming early 2022
We are excited to bring you more great trails in 2022. Please consider supporting TOMMBA in our future endeavors: